Saturday, April 24, 2010

Decisions


I was at a fork in the road and I had to make a decision. So knowing I could no longer put this off I stopped what I was doing and sat on the edge of my bathtub and cried. I cried out to the Lord asking for His direction, guidance and telling Him how I’m tired of making decisions alone. So on top of this huge decision (to me) my feelings of being lonely began to spill over. I’m 38 Lord and I’ve NEVER been married! Ugh… No more big decisions alone… they are too costly and the weight of these choices weigh heavy on me, so for a good 15 maybe 30 minutes I cried and laid it all out, explaining to my Father.

There are times when I feel His presence stronger than the person who is standing next to me, and then there are times when I must stand in faith and know that He is there and He will continue to lead me. Frustrated with the situation of my personal life I believe I make it difficult to hear the voice of God. The Lord reminded me of what He shared with me before I left California. He said that there will be times that I won’t feel Him as strong as others but that He is calling me to a high place. I believe I am living that out now.

I have had enough winter (death) in my life and am more than ready to welcome in spring (life) so with faith I walk toward a new life in this city…a new home. My dear friend told me yesterday that “He is lining your life up to what He has planned for you.” Before she even said that to me that was the feeling I was having with all these changes that I am putting myself through once again. But changes that will welcome in a new season….life and life more abundantly!

So Lord open the doors and bless my efforts, lead me and I WILL follow you!

1 comment:

  1. I wonder sometimes when you stopped trusting God; when the enemy came in and snatched away your faith. When he whispered that you can do it without Him, that you would be better off on your own. I wonder if you miss His presence, His influence and moral compass. I wonder when and why you gave up on Him. Do you ever want to talk to Him, but feel like you've built the wall too high? We may leave Him, but he never leaves us. He is just waiting for you to call out, He loves you and wants you to come back to Him. It's time daughter, come back.

    ReplyDelete