Saturday, May 22, 2010

Remaining

The road I have chosen has been anything but easy, yet I still remain.

For the past month all my efforts, struggles and feelings of "this constant uphill" battle had left me weary, edgy and ready to give up. Yes you read correctly, I told my daughter that if we can't find a new place then I guess we will pack it up and move back to California.

I was blessed to be able to get away and visit my sweet Kevin. It was just what I needed, time to relax, sight see, enjoy delicious food and LAUGH! Upon returning back to the city I had to remind myself why I moved here. Looking out the window I saw this beautiful city and it was at that moment I remembered, I came to pursue my dreams.

A simple dream but one I have put off for far too long, my education and new career. This city is ready to kick you down and spit you out all the while tossing your dream in your face! I'm choosing to fight for what I came here for and to be able to call this place home for the next 4 years. I won't move back...not yet!

I shook off the heavy bands of weariness and clothed myself with a garment of praise. I will praise my King now for the doors He is opening, opportunities He is creating and a life I am to embrace...for now.

Psalms 62:1 "I find rest in God; only He can save me. He is my rock and my salvation. He is my defender; I will NOT BE DEFEATED."

No comments:

Post a Comment